Why Regular Hair Maintenance Is So Important
One thing I often hear from my clients is how good their hair looks right up until their next appointment. This may cause clients to delay or cancel their appointments because they’re so happy with how their hair looks. In fact, one client recently said to me, “I love my hair. Here it is April already and I’m enjoying my hair so much, I really don’t need an appointment until May.” The secret to their long-lasting beautiful and healthy hair? Regular hair maintenance.
I’m always delighted to know that my clients are pleased with their hairstyle right up until I see them again. However, you need to remember the important of maintaining your hair on a daily basis.
As a hairdresser, I can only do so much to keep your hair healthy and keep you looking terrific. The real responsibility for your hair falls to you.
10 Reasons To Make Regular Hair Maintenance A Priority
Today we will be touching on a few of the most important reasons why regular hair maintenance is so important. Let’s dive right in!
1. Your hair is a living extension of your body. Just as you exercise, enjoy manicures, and indulge in an occasional massage, so too should you give your hair the TLC it needs to stay healthy.
2. The longer you go between appointments, the more your hair dries out and splits. As the hair ends split, it becomes harder to style and manage. So it’s in your best interest to maintain your hair as effectively as you can.
3. Stay on top of trends. If you want to try out those new trendy hairstyles that getting all the attention, then your hair care routine is incredibly important.
4. Regular trims help maintain the shape of your style and prevent frizz. So the longer you put off your haircut, the harder it will be to keep your hair how you like it.
5. When you come in every 4-6 weeks, it’s easier to match your color as your hair grows out, ensuring that you always look your best.
6. Make it easier to transition between seasons with a new style or color.
7. If you are trying to grow your hair out or transition to a new style, it’s important to eliminate potential for split ends to maximize the speed at which your hair will grow.
8. Keep a healthy glow.
9. If your hair is thinning or you want it to grow faster, you should try a vitamin supplement. Try Hair, Skin & Nails by Nature’s Bounty. It’s filled with Vitamins C & E and Biotin.
10. Whether it’s a fresh look to rejuvenate your spirits, a shared confidence from the security of the chair or just a warm hug from your favorite stylist, indulge in a little therapy with one of your most trusted confidants — me!